Signs of Bed Bug Infestation in Sarasota FL
- Live Bed Bugs – Bedbugs are very small about 5-6 mm in size, which is the size of an apple seed or smaller. They are flat, oval-shaped and a reddish-brown color. They have six legs and two antennae. They crawl but do not jump or fly.
- Bed Bug Eggs – Eggs are very small, but are usually in clusters. They are pearly white or clear and about the size of a sesame seed.
- Shed shell or skin – A bed bug sheds its skin in order to grow and move on to the next stage of their life cycle. This means they shed their out casings five times. You will see shells of different colors depending on the stage of life they are in. The shells look just like the bug.
- Stains – Once a bed bugs take a blood meal, they defecate almost immediately. This leaves behind dark stains that look like a felt tip marker stain. You will also notice bloodstains that happen when the engorged bug is accidentally crushed.
When checking into a room inspect for the signs above in the:
- Bed including the mattress, frame, headboard, pillows, blankets, sheets, and box spring. Pull the bed away from the wall if possible to check behind the headboard.
- Nightstands, both inside, and out.
- Check the closets, and any extra blankets or pillows.
- Any upholstered furniture, chairs, and sofas. If the sofa is a pull-out, open it up for a full inspection.
- Check guest reviews! Even the best hotels have had issues with bed bugs. Ask the hotel if the matter has been dealt with.
Bed Bug Facts:
- Bed bugs are small wingless insects that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals.
- Most bed bugs feed on their hosts while they are asleep.
- The peak time for feeding is between midnight and 5 am.
- Bites can be seen quickly but may take up to 14 days to become visible.
- Bed bugs need to feed regularly to reproduce, lay eggs and survive.
If you are in Sarasota area and suspect bed bugs, give All American Pest Control a call today. The bed bug problem will just increase and get larger as time goes by. We use a number of tools and strategies to determine if your home is infested with bed bugs. Using All American Pest Services early in the process can literally save you thousands of dollars down the road.
Contact All American Pest Services | Sarasota FL | Call 941-202-9270
Sarasota, Siesta Key, Osprey, Nokomis, North Port, Venice, South Venice, Englewood, Laurel, Vamo, Palmetto, and Bee Ridge.